A delicious gravy recipe for mashed potatoes, turkey, pot roast, or some simple sausages. If you are looking for a new dish for your kids you found it. Whether you are making a gravy from pan drippings or using canned broths or stocks. You’ll learn how to make chicken gravy, turkey gravy, beef gravy, gluten-free gravy,gravy with milk and more.
Love how easy and amazing without a doubt, this is my favourite Gravy recipe. If you did not know how to make gravy. you will do now ! and you always wanted to. This recipe is easy and awesome!
Wow, so easy and good , Love this recipe this gravy gave the bam in my mash potatoes ,No longer fear making gravy !
Calories: 42kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 240mg | Potassium: 47mg | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 4.1mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 0.3mg.
- 2 tablespoons butter or other fat
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour or 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups chicken, beef, turkey, or vegetable broth or pan drippings
How to make A delicious gravy recipe for mashed potatoes
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in the flour until well blended and no white spots remain, then cook for 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the broth then whisk well.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and heat until thick to desired consistency, about 2 minutes, ًًًwhisking constantly.
- In the serving dish, place two slices of meat or turkey, then place the asparagus next to it, then the mashed potatoes
- Boy broth over potatoes as in the picture
Notes and trickes – A delicious gravy recipe for mashed potatoes
- You can use any type of fat you like when making gravy in the same amount Coconut oil, vegetable oil, olive oil, and margarine are all commonly used in addition to butter.
- Use vegetable broth for a vegan broth.
- For a gluten-free gravy, or for a sweeter gravy such as chocolate gravy, use 2 tablespoons cornstarch in place of the all-purpose flour.
- Any type of stock, broth, or other liquid can be used in the same proportion to make gravy.
- When using the skillet drippings from roasting turkey, chicken, or roast beef, filter the drippings through a fine-mesh strainer to remove any fat or impurities.
Important question – A delicious gravy recipe for mashed potatoes
Can I make gravy with milk?
- You can use milk to make a creamy gravy such as sausage gravy or chocolate gravy.
- You can also add milk to any gravy for a creamier mixture.
- Simply substitute all or part of the liquid called for in a gravy recipe with milk.
How do I make gluten-free gravy?
- Traditional gravy is made using a 1:2 ratio of fat to flour.
- You can make the gravy gluten-free by substituting the all-purpose flour for cornstarch.
- Cornstarch is a more powerful thickening agent, so only half the amount needed.
- For example, in a recipe that calls for 1/4 cup flour,You can replace it with two tablespoons of cornstarch.
How do I make gravy using a skillet?
- Skillet gravy is a delicious option for making homemade gravy from scratch.
- In order to use the skillet, you will need to carefully remove it from the hot skillet and strain out any fat or impurities.The easiest way to do this is to pour the liquid through a fine mesh strainer into a measuring cup so you can easily see how much liquid you’ve dripped.
- Variation: You can also thicken up your skillet drippings by using a slurry of cornstarch directly in the skillet instead of using the traditional gravy-making
- This works well when there is a lot of pan drippings from the roast and the gravy is made while the pan gravy is still very hot, straight from the oven.
- Skim off any fat or impurities, then pour 1/4 cup of the pot broth into a small bowl.
- Whisk in 2 tablespoons of cornstarch (for about 2 dripping cups), then pour this slurry back into the pan.
- Whisk well until the gravy
This gravy recipe is easy and very favorable.If you do not know how to make homemade gravy at all.. but this recipe…you can do it now !!! You can easily and quickly prepare homemade gravy to accompany any meal. Make a gravy for mashed potatoes, turkey, and pot roast, or whip up some simple sausage gravy to serve on crackers or toast.
A traditional broth starts with a roux. A roux is a 1:2 fat-based mixture of all types of flour.The fat used to make gravy is usually butter, although other fats such as oils and margarine,can also be used.
The fat is melted and mixed over a fire and cooked for a while. Then, slowly add the liquid and bring to a simmer. This liquid can be a sautéed gravy from roasted or canned broth, broth, or even milk. The roux will cause the liquid to thicken, creating a gravy.
Read also …