Homemade baked donuts recipe. These are simply donuts that don’t require a mixer, you just mix it by hand in minutes. And to really add a cherry on top of this recipe, you also don’t need a deep fryer because these little beauties are baked not fried! Can you believe it?
They don’t look like those cakey baked Donuts, right? That’s because it is a real yeast dough I use and I think you will agree these guys are way less fuss and better for you than the traditional fried Donuts. It is exactly that, a simple method with great results.
I hope you enjoy all of these recipes using my favorite dough making technique. You can create any flavor or shape donuts you like and they will look like they were made professionally in a donut shop.
- 531g/ 1lb 4oz (3 ¾ cups) all-purpose flour
- 200ml (¾ cup) milk, warmed
- 170g/6oz (¾ cup) butter, melted
- 80g/ 3oz (¼ cup) honey
- 2 tsp Instant yeast
- 4 eggs , at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- In a large bowl add in your flour, yeast and salt then mix well together.
- In a separate jug, whisk together the milk, eggs, honey, melted butter and vanilla extract
- Mix the wet into the dry with a spatula until you form a wet loose dough. Then cover tightly with cling film and lay a towel over the top. That’s it, your dough is mixed and no machine needed!! You may have some lumps in the dough but don’t worry, they will disappear in the finished product.
- Leave the rise at room temperature for 2-3 hours. You will see it rise and bubble up.
- Once doubled in size place the dough in the fridge overnight, roughly for 12 hours. The dough will be loose but will firm up when chilled. Don’t try to work after the 3 hours, it needs to be chilled
- overnight. You can kept the dough for 3 days in the fridge.
- To form your Donuts: On a floured surface, roll out your dough to ¼ of an inch thick, Then using a scone cutter cut out your round pieces of dough. To cut the hole in the middle I used a piping nozzle.
- Lay your donuts and donuts holes on a baking tray lined with parchment paper (use a good thick baking tray, or double tray so your donuts don’t brown too much on the bottom)
- Cover your donuts with a towel and leave to rise again at room temperature for 20-30 minutes. You will know when they are ready because they will have puffed up.
- Gently brush the donuts with melted butter.
Baking the Homemade baked donuts recipe
- Bake at 375oF (190oC) for 15 minutes. Keep a close eye on them so they don’t get too brown.
- Once out of the oven dip your donuts in the glazes. I like to this this straight away because it soaks into the warm donut and creates a lovely crisp glaze.
- Also once out of the oven you can create any flavor or shape donuts you like and they will look like they were made professionally in a donut shop. sach as traditional Sprinkle Donuts:I LOVE the look of this donut, it reminds me of one you would see in a traditional donut shop.
- Also once out of the oven you can dip your donuts in Chocolate Glazed Donuts:If you want your donuts to really stand out dip them in different flavored glazes, making them all unique in look and flavor, No one will say no to a homemade Chocolate Donut.
Read also …